Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Independent Police Complaints Commission

Making a complaint

A person must call at the Independent Police Complaints Commission, 4th Floor, Emmanuel Anquetil Building, Port Louis to make his complaint.  An investigation is then conducted by the Commission.  The complainant may be assisted by a barrister at law.  In the case of a minor, he should be accompanied by a responsible party.
A person can also make a complaint at the nearest Police Station.  The Police Officer shall forthwith forward the complaint to the Commissioner of Police who shall, within 2 days of receipt of the complaint, forward it to the Secretary of the Independent Police Complaints Commission and shall not investigate further into the complaint.
For citizens of Rodrigues, they should make their complaint at the nearest Police Stations. 
Police Officers shall record their complaints and statements and forward same through the Commissioner of Police to this Commission.