1. The IPCC Act provides for the Commission to be consisted as follows:
a) A Chairperson who has:
(i) served as a Judge of the Supreme Court;
(ii) served as a Magistrate for not less than 10 years;
(iii) been a law practitioner for not less than 10 years; or
(iv) served as a Magistrate and has been a law practitioner for an aggregate period of not less than 10 years.
b) 2 members, other than the Chairperson, who shall be persons having knowledge and experience in the field of human rights, law, employment, industrial relations, business administration, education, sociology, policing, social work, psychology, psychiatry, medicine or prison management.
2. The Chairperson and members of the Commission are appointed by the President, acting on the advice of the Prime Minister, who before tendering his advice shall consult the Leader of the Opposition.
3. The present composition of the Commission is as follows:
a) Chairperson: Mrs Deviyanee Beesoondoyal, GCSK
b) Member : Mr Phalraj Servansingh, Full Time member
c) Member : Mr Viranand Ramchurn, Part Time member
Secretary to Commission
(1) The Secretary to the Commission is a public officer of the rank of Deputy Permanent Secretary, designated, subject to the Public Service Commission Regulations, by the Secretary to Cabinet and Head of the Civil Service.
(2) The Secretary shall, subject to this Act, be responsible for the implementation of all the decisions of the Commission and for administering and managing the affairs of the Commission.